Ten Directories to Help With Following on Twitter and to Get Followers
People can be found on Twitter to follow using “find people”, if their name or account is known by the potential follower or if they allow their email as a search reference. Another way to find people is if they put in a Twitter profile which includes a title to look for, such as “coach” or “author”. However, these methods will only help find a few people since many more may appear that do not really meet the user’s desired requirements. A more targeted approach to finding people to follow (following) and who might follow back (followers) is necessary to insure getting the best information from experts or the right potential audience.
Twitter is such a popular communication tool that many directories have been created around it that may be used to make following the desired people easier. Many of these directories are free or have a small fee for professional use. Some also provide space for Twitter users to say more about themselves than is allowed on the 160 character Twitter profile, thus making it easier for others to find out more and decide to become followers of a particular account. Below are ten of popular directories currently available for easily finding people on Twitter by a keyword category or the user’s location.
1. Twellow (twellow.com) – Known as the Twitter yellow pages since it updates with new accounts added to Twitter
2. Twiends (twiends.com) similar to Twellow in the ability to find accounts with similar interests.
3. Twubs (twubs.com/) – Directory of users who use event or topic categories using hashtags onn Twitter.
4. We Follow (wefollow.com) – Similar to Tweet Find but with more category tags.
5. AdExchanger (adexchanger.com/Twitter-directory/) – Scroll through list of Twiter accounts to find people to follow within a desired category.
6. Twitter Directory (twitterdir.com) – Finds businesses by sub-categories
7. Mr. Tweet (mrtweet.com) – Discontinued directory containing a community of users rather than by category but it can be used the same way. Twitter now offers suggestions of who to follow so this associate program was removed.
8. Twopcharts (wopcharts.com) – Allows users to find others based on city or language.
9. Socialbearing (socialbearing.com) – Allows text-based search by location Twitter users or those using specific hashtags.
10. Local Tweeps (localtweeps.com) – Allows search for Twitter users who sign-up to be on directory by zip code.
Using the best directory to meet business and social networking needs from these ten along with the popular communication tool of Twitter should help make following the people desired a little easier. Review several directories and then consider which directory gives the most efficient targeting approach to finding the right people to follow and who may follow back in order to get the best information desired or to find the correct audience for tweets.
gt 500 clone
#Ten #Directories #Twitter #Followers